That Goldstar is really nice, I think LG and Samsung had a hard time breaking into the American Market in the 80's so we didn't see a lot of that...
Another Japanese Blog (I make and Restore), there's some other boomboxes on here as well. He mentions that they didn't start manufacturing...
I found some more information on a Japanese Blog, it does take batteries, you slide out the AC unit and replace it with a battery pack. The depth...
This is just cool, unfortunately there's not a lot of photos but it might qualify as the world's oldest boombox if it takes batteries. It's a...
Thanks for the scan! The later models don't seem very impressive.
The homemade briefcase boombox is everywhere and the BoomCase seems to one of the first. This guys website is top notch and his marketing is...
And you old-timers might recognize Jack Berg Sales, he had some cool NOS boxes 15 or so years ago, he still has this Samsung ST-316A in the box,...
Samsung is still making "boomboxes" some of these look pretty cool http://www.chipchick.com/2014/03/samsung-giga-speaker.html [ATTACH]
Most people don't realize that Korea had a small booming boombox industry in the very early 80's. Goldstar (now LG) and Samsung are the two...
One is in, I just got it a few days ago! Number two is coming on Wednesday! I'm starting to get busy with work again so I haven't been as...
Great choice, that AIWA is one of the most perfect boxes on my list. I'd also keep that Sharp, they are just too cool, at 40 lbs shipping to USA...
Welcome from down south!
I love them but sadly shipping would be a killer. I'd be in for the Sharp because the only real boomboxes have a turntable. I almost want to...
Sorry for your lose Brutus442, a couple of the Women's Olympians were on my men's league team and I showed them some dangling moves and who Van...
It looks a lot bigger when it's opened up and spread out. I didn't know they had a little speaker in them, now I'm really tempted.
This isn't Japanese, it looks French and its just CD Players but they're some really nice vintage ones on here. http://vintage-audio-laser.com/...
I think it's about 6" wide. I never really looked at it but it's kind of neat, what's the deal with the stickers?
That is like night and day. The first few photos made it look kind of generic but once you cleaned it up it's actually a pretty cool looking box....
I see these all the time and I'm starting to think I need one. What is the deal with this thing? 1/6 scale should mean its about 6" across but I...
Goldstar! That's not a bad looking box...
Separate names with a comma.