AIWA HS-JS145W Belt Kit?

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Buick8DT, Sep 28, 2026 at 12:21 PM.

Tags:
  1. Buick8DT

    Buick8DT New Member

    Messages:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Omaha
    Does anyone know what belt kit would fit the JS145? It has two belts that I can see. I opened the one I got off of the Goodwill auction site and both belts were loose and fell out. I think this is a good sign that I shouldn't need to completely dismantle it to replace them, but I just need to know what kit I should be looking for. I got another AIWA from Goodwill, a HS-JS215 and that one has some tutorials on YT, and the belt kit was identifiable on a specialty site. But I still need to know which set I should get for the 145. I feel I got lucky that the belts hadn't disintegrated to goo, but they are obviously loose and have no elastic left in them. One is thinner and longer, it goes to the tape counter, and the other is thicker, though a little shorter and looks like it only goes between the motor and flywheel, no complex routing that I can see (no auto-reverse). I'll try to get some pictures uploaded when I get a chance. They're not with me right now, but I wanted to get my post up to see what others might recommend for the belts in this one. FYI, it's got a built-in speaker, which makes it slightly more difficult to work on since I can't easily separate the cover from the device due to the speaker wires (they don't seem to have a way to easily unplug them). But overall I think it should be fairly straightforward to fix and hopefully get it playing tapes again. Thanks in advance to the wisdom of the crowd.
     
    Mister X likes this.
  2. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,184
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Sometime you have to unsolder the speaker wires to get it apart. The service manuals rarely have belt sizes in them, you can get a cheap multi-size set and try to figure out which one fits best or use a string and get pretty close.
     

Share This Page