Introducing myself so I can maybe get some tech help. AIWA Fan

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Buick8DT, Sep 28, 2026 at 12:02 PM.

  1. Buick8DT

    Buick8DT New Member

    Messages:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Omaha
    I'm in Omaha, NE and I've been a tinkerer for a very long time. Lately I've been trying to find one of my old AIWA portables, or something very much like it, and the Goodwill auction site had a couple examples that were close to the kind I used to have. I got them for less than $20 each and of course both of them have problems with the tape mechanism, most likely belts. Radios work and they bring in a strong stereo signal. One of them makes motor sounds when I push play, but of course there is no activity in the tape mechanism. The other makes no sounds at all when I press play. Anyway I'll take my tech discussion to that section but the forum insisted I introduce myself first. The two devices I have are an AIWA HS-JS145W and an AIWA HS-JS215. I found the belt kit for the 215 pretty easily, but can't seem to find information on a belt kit for the 145W, though I did find a service manual for it.
     
    Mister X likes this.
  2. Mister X

    Mister X Moderator Staff Member

    Messages:
    20,184
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Minnesota
    Check out turntableneedles.com they have a great search engine. Most USA Sellers have Russell Industries PBR Belts, if they don't have it check Fixyouraudio on the front page of the forum, he's been a great supporter of the hobby.

    Good luck with your repairs.

    I've got a box with around 100 of those more basic models, I should rebelt them and move them on to members.
     

Share This Page