1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different versions of the header - with poll

Discussion in 'Announcements and suggestions' started by walkman archive, Feb 20, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you prefer a dark or bright logo?

Poll closed Mar 6, 2018.
  1. I prefer dark.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. I prefer white, like that one.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. I'd prefer one of those but with more colour.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. I don't like any of those.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'd like to suggest my own idea (I'll leave in comment)

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Hi fellows,

As you may have seen, we have a new logo and header. I hope you like it. I've listened to suggestions and made little changes upon that, but there's more to come.

Someone suggested (sorry, I don't have time to put everyone's names) to add a 3.5 mm jack at the end of the cable, and I found it to be a good idea. I already did, but it's still not published.
    Someone said it looks too dark, so the site would be darker too, but I prefer to brighten the header rather to darken the forum.
    Some said it needs a bit of colour. Ok, I prepared a white logo and header in white with some colour, and I'd like to hear what do you think of it:

Header-#2.jpg
    As you can see, the stereo2go letters are now in colour as well as the TPS-L2 as a highly recognizable model. There's also the 3.5 mm jack.

I'd like to hear your opinion in a poll.
    Any comment is welcomed, whether you like or dislike it, but negativity is not welcomed. You can say you don't like it, or it's 'ugliest as ever' if you wish but please avoid negative behaviour.
    In 14 days it will be closed automatically.

2. Ball000

Ball000 Member

I wasn't dissatisfied with it being dark and the rest of the page being bright.
    I do agree though that the site is better staying bright as a whole, so if uniformisation is needed I prefer your proposal of a bright header better than darkening the rest of the site.
    Drawing in blue the STEREO 2 GO as you just did, definitely makes it more easy to notice and to read.

There's only one thing I'm not agreeing with, and I noticed it the first time I saw it: it's the different boldness of the G and the O (speakers of the boombox), which looks bad to my eyes... IMHO the boldness of the O is correct as it takes place as expected in the boombox esthetics, so the G is too bold I think. I would prefer if it was drawn from the shape of the O. I've never seen an example of a beautiful font where the boldness of the uppercase (or capital?) O and the one of the G don't match.

Command8 and Jorge like this.
  3. walkman archive

Thanks for commenting, Ball000. I remember that I modified the horizontal line in the G because it was too thin and in the end it was a bit weirg G, but now I don't remember why I made the entire letter bolder. I'll look at it!

4. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

I’ll take any credit I can get :D

Jorge likes this.
  5. walkman archive

Jorge, I see your point but, please don't re start that. That's is already something from the past to me. I'd forgot it.
    Please edit your comment so no irony, no sacarsm, no call to negativity, ok?
    Just leave your opinion about the header if you wish :thumbsup:

6. Elite-ist

Elite-ist Well-Known Member

Perhaps, boldening the headphone cord directly under the boombox to highlight the "2" in the Stereo2Go symbol. Or, continue with the bold blue colour of the cord across the page and terminate the jack in a contrasting colour like black.

Nando.

walkman archive likes this.
  7. lupogtiboy

lupogtiboy Well-Known Member

I do agree that the headphone wire should be a little bolder to highlight that its a number 2 (oooeerrr missus!) but other than that, I like this.

8. walkman archive

Ok, wire thicker, jack bolder, G thinner and some color changes to make the 2 more visible. I chose orange because of the original sponges.
    Does this look better?

upload_2018-2-23_14-54-0.png

9. Elite-ist

Elite-ist Well-Known Member

That looks good, Hugo.

Nando.

10. Command8

Command8 Active Member

Could you try a version with different shades of color. As a rule of thumb I try to limit colors to 2-3, and instead I use different shades of that color.
    To me the www.stereo2go.com section needs a bit of fine-tuning; that black is to agressive, perhaps using #141414 would make a difference, or instead a dark shade of blue that is close to black.
    The reason why i'd prefer using shades of blue over black is to play with the tps-l2 color scheme.
    [​IMG]
    Other then that I do prefer the light version over the dark one. Keep up the great work Hugo!

11. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

It might be too late for the suggestion but the headphones 2 dosnt look right. It may look better with a II? As in the pause symbol, and also 2 in numerals... You can also then use rewind and FF direction arrows << >> or square stop symbol as well somewhere else.

I don’t mean to be harsh but the headphones looks messy. You can still use headphones elsewhere on the banner and would look great, but for me there’s not enough space even with the bolder colours.

Edit - Perhaps tape running round a capstan would make a better 2...

12. kitchen10

kitchen10 Active Member

Loving the dark version of the header, Hugo. It looks very professional, though I have come to expect this of your creations! :thumbsup:

Henry

13. walkman archive

I like the 2. I don't think it would look better with "II". It would like bad at all, but the headphones IMHO do "round" the whole thing.

14. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

It does work as an idea, perhaps it is restricted by the space. It looks much better on the white background for sure. Anyway I’m no designer. Good luck!